Sunday, June 12, 2005

Relay for Life


ouch, originally uploaded by mistersnrub.

Our Relay for Life team once again competed in the Midnight Madness contest. We did a skit on the dangers of not wearing sunscreen, complete with a song ("My Sunblock's Gone," sung to the tune of "My Boyfriend's Back) and six beautiful chorus girls. If the crowd response counted for anything, we would've won hands down.. Here I am seen in shock at the judges' verdict.

The Relay trivia show at 7:30 A.M. was a much more pleasant experience. 12 teams competed, along with many of the walkers. The Rowdy Rankins one-man team led the entire time until the picture round did him in. That's when Pat's Army and The Fulton Bank-Penn Square team came from behind to take second and first.

Many thanks for Darryl Bloom's support and to the American Cancer Society for supplying prizes. We're going to make this an annual event, so hopefully we'll see you next year. And thanks to all who contributed to the Relay this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike:
Hi my name is Jaime and I'm a two time cancer survivor. I'm working on a cookbook called Cookbook For A Cure. Would you like to send a recipe in honor or in memory of someone with cancer? All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. I do relay for life in wi. I've been doing it for five years and this was the first year in three years that I could actually walk the survivors lap. my email is: jaimesikac@yahoo.com