Saturday, October 06, 2007

To Be Young Again

I hosted a trivia show for the second year in a row at the Young Family reunion at Overly's Grove Park south of New Holland. I had the brilliant idea of avoiding the New Holland Fair traffic by taking the back way down Route 340. Of course, I forgot that it was Columbus Day Weekend, which is the last official weekend of Amish tourist season. Traffic was at a virtual standstill with touristas gawking at every straw hat they saw.

Luckily the Youngs are a leisurely sort, so the game started on time. It looked like Penn State and the Witwebachs were neck and neck, but the defending champs, the Bradford County Connection (Minus 2) managed a last-round comeback. That's Dale and Darren (I think) above celebrating their pre-noogie victory. Thanks to the flirtatious Deb for having me back!

No comments: