Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Never Box with Jesus

I learned a very valuable lesson over the weekend: never box with Jesus. Friends Craig and Kumiko had a house-warming party at their new abode, complete with some Wii-play. It started out harmless enough, with bowling and tennis. Someone chose Jesus as their avatar, and Jesus was pretty good. Then Becky wanted to play boxing and took up the mantle of Jesus.

To battle the forces of Good, I chose a historical figure associated with Evil. It was the best of three matches and we both won one. Then it came to a mutual knock-out, with my character eventually standing up and winning.

Anyway, to pay for my blasphemous triumph. God has stricken me with a horribly aching shoulder three days later. Moral of the story: don't mess with Jesus!

No comments: