Tuesday, February 20, 2007

At Last: The Founding of M.H.A.

One of my life goals came one step closer to completion last night. I have always wanted to start a group called The Mike Horns of America (or MHA, for short). The only qualification would be that you have the name Mike Horn and be American (although I'm not ruling out international chapters at some later date.) With such a generic name, I figured there must be hundreds of us out there. My initial plan was to pluck some Horn, Mikes out of phonebooks and call them to invite them to join my group. But that sounded a little too creepy and stalkerish.

So the dream became a reality last night when Mike Horn of Williamsport came to Bube's. He had heard that Mike Horn hosted trivia there Tuesday nights and wanted to check out his doppelganger (which is still legal in the state of Pennsylvania). As you can see from the picture, we are practically identical twins! He heartily agreed to join the group, so we are now two members strong! Don't laugh, this is how the Masons got started!

No comments: