Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chuckles: Playing by the Numbers

It was a controversial night at Chuckles, as odd numbers affected the scoring. First was the whole "how many Earth days does it take Mercury to make one orbit" brouhaha. Out of the Vortex and Ubersmack put down 88 days, whereas my source said 87.96. So I gave it to Laffy Taffy (who had 86). Deric threatened to call his sainted grandmother (pictured at right), who used to sing him to sleep with a planetary year lullaby. Apparently I was calling her a no-good lyin' ho (or something like that). I'm 97.82% sure I'll never hear the end of this.

The other number controversy was my aging of LeAnn Rimes by ten years. Luckily that question had no effect on the outcome. The Price Is Right were well rested, since we all had last week off. They ended up in first, followed by Skirtland and the hard-charging Amoebas. In fourth was the aforementioned Vortex, who picked an astronomical topic: the moons of the solar system. Uberbittersmack chose the Rocky series of films as their topic.

On the prize front, Allan said that he is giving his puppet kit to one of his well-deserving students. The Tidy Bowlers, meanwhile, are anxious to try out their harmonica.

1 comment:

D'Eric said...

Grandma!!! I've been looking everywhere for her. Thanks Mike!!!!!